Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Big Content" desperately in need of a wake up call.

Just sent to office@last.fm due to recent shenanigans.

Hey guys,

I assume you're probably doing the discrimination against non us uk de users due to the idiocy of the record industry's international licensing.

I'm not going to close my account, mostly because it has great statistical information on it that I wouldn't like to lose, but there's no way I'll be actually using it anymore unless one of two things happen.

1. The charges for international only listeners get dropped
2. The same charges apply to everyone.

The discrimination, even though I realise why you're probably doing it, is so utterly ridiculous considering the realities of the landscape of internet music that it's simply intolerable.

Good luck with trying to get those coked out record executives to pull their heads from their nether regions. If I were trying to push that angle I'd be trying to present statistics of people that are dropping the service due to this issue, please add one to that list, despite the fact that I haven't actually dropped my account.

Regards
Eric

Hulu, Pandora, and now Last.fm, man it must suck to be these guys and have to deal with the idiots convinced that the CD is still advanced technology, the separation from online reality is mind boggling. Don't try to bend customers over a barrel when they have effective means of utterly destroying your revenue streams, it's pure idiocy.

No comments:

Post a Comment